The Texas Public Information Act provides that most documents of a public entity, such as the City of Rockdale, are open to public inspection and must be made available to the public. Under the Public Information Act, requests for information must be made in writing to the public information officer of the city:
- Requestors may ask that the information be provided in paper copy of the document or electronic copy of the document;
- The Public Information Act does not require city officials to conduct research for a requestor; the Public Information Act applies only to documents that the city currently has in its possession;
- Requests for information may be made by delivering the request in person, mailing the request, emailing the request or faxing the request;
- All requests for public information must be made to the City Secretary;
- We will respond promptly to the request although some requests may take several days before we can provide the response;
- A fee for responding to the request may apply; if so, the requestor will be notified of the cost of the fee before city officials proceed with providing the information.
Download a copy of the Open Records Request Form (pdf) or complete the Online Request Form