The Dispatch Supervisor supervises four dispatchers and provides administrative assistance to the Chief of Police and Police Lieutenant. The telecommunicators/dispatchers receive emergency and non-emergency calls for the Rockdale Police Department, the Rockdale Volunteer Fire Department, the Public Works Department, and the Thorndale Volunteer Fire Department, Milano Volunteer Fire Department and Gause Volunteer Fire Department. The dispatchers also receive all 911 calls for the southern half of Milam County.
Please call 911 in case of an emergency.
The qualifications to become a dispatcher include:
- High school graduate or GED;
- One Year experience involving contact with the public (other experience be substituted at the discretion of the Chief of Police and Human Resources Director);
- General office and computer experience, dispatching experience is preferred;
- Must be able to pass a drug screen;
- Bilingual a plus but not required;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands;
- Must be able to communicate clearly;
- Must be able to work in an indoor environment; and
- Must be able to work non-standard working hours.
Download a complete copy of the telecommunicators/dispatchers job description