Summer Reading Program 2021
The Summer Reading Program is open to ALL ages: Birth to Adult! The program fosters the love of reading and helps build literacy skills. Incentive awards are provided for fun.
This year's 2021 theme provided by the Collaborative Summer Library Program is Tails & Tales. Starting in June, youth and adults will receive a Summer Reading Program packet filled with goodies (while supplies last) with a form or bookmark to track their reading. For adults, each time they checkout a book, they will receive a stamp on a bookmark. For every four stamps, they can be entered into a drawing to win a grand prize displayed in the lobby's glass cabinets. Youth will receive a form to track minutes and titles depending on their ages.
Register ONLINE (CLICK HERE) or in the library for the Summer Reading Program. If you register online, be sure to request a goodie bag and reading log when you next visit the library (NOTE: Goodie bags, Reading Logs, and prizes cannot be mailed and are available on a first come first serve basis).
JUNE 2021 Activities for children
Watch = Tuesdays
Read = Wednesdays
Activity = Thursdays
Week 1: Heroes
- Watch: Wishbone: Paw Prints of Thieves episode on YouTube
- Activity: Slide show of different kinds of heroes, ask kids which one is their hero
Week 2: Actual tails
- Watch: Why do Animals Have Tails on YouTube
- Read: "Henry, the Dog with No Tail" by Kate Feiffer
- Activity: Match the animal to their tail
Week 3: Knights, Dragons, Princesses, Oh My!
- Watch: Dragon, Knight, Princess Song for Kids on YouTube
- Read: "The Princess and the Three Knights" by Karen Kingsbury
- Activity: Color the castle page in the bag
Week 4: Be You!
- Watch: Be Yourself song on YouTube
- Read: "Rumple Buttercup" by Matthew Gray Gubler
- Activity: Self-Portrait