Junked vehicles detract from neighborhood appearance and are considered a nuisance. Junked vehicles may not be parked or stored out in the open.
A vehicle is considered a junk vehicle if it is self-propelled and:
- Does not have a current license plate or a valid motor vehicle inspection certificate, and is
- Wrecked, dismantled, partially dismantled or discarded
- That is inoperable and has remained inoperable for more than
- 30 consecutive days,if on private property
- 72 consecutive hours, if on public property
Junk vehicle owners can face fines and the vehicle may be towed away and destroyed.